I will update/edit this once the numbers are available.

I have looked at all of the other CD releases slated for this Tuesday, 2011-09-13, and Staind's only real competition for the #1 debut on the Billboard Top 200 is Bush's new album, "The Sea of Memories".

Let's go Staind family, IF this is going to be the last album, don't allow it to be a flop. #2 would be great, but #1 would be one hell of a way to tell the band.... "thank you". Let's "git er done" folks!

___

WEEK 1: #5 - 47,000

WEEK 2: #28 - 15,000

TOTAL: 62,000

___

TOTAL AS OF 2011-11-19: 100,000 units sold (in the U.S.)

Views: 4015

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it's ROCK / METAL music in general the fanbase just ins't there anymore. people accept shitty music now a days. lil wayne sold 900+K the first week out. it's sad.

Yeah, FD - I really hadn't examined that notion before I read your post, but you're right. It's not just 'aging' rock bands that are struggling, it's hard rock/metal bands in general.

Fuck - I'm about to panic. How had I not realized that earlier? I guess the only time I check the Billboard charts is when a band I love releases a new album ... and the bands I love are very few (in terms of what is current and new).

Lil Wayne @ 900k???? Nothing against fans of any type of music, BUT how is that possible?! Isn't the economy in trouble right now? Where is the money being spent on those cd's/digital downloads coming from?! Most of the people around me are considerably poor and struggling just to keep food in their cabinets, for pete's sake. Are there really that many people on the planet who can afford a Lil Wayne disc?!

Incredible.

cd's aren't that expensive so it's not really that surprising dude......alot of mafuckas be hanging on his nuts even though he whack as can be......   it's just the way the industry is these days.... rock is 2nd behind "pop" music and has been for at least the last ten years, but has only gotten worse over that time span....the only rock bands that sell records in mass quantities like that these days are the FEW bands that get constant, consistent airplay nationwode. and there are so many people downloading music for free these days it is very hard to fully establish a legit # of people who have gotten that particular recording in their hands......so to me....these #'s aren't shit.....they mean absolutely nothing.....this is the best album from this band in a very long time IMO and i truly believe the number of sales of the CD are just of refelction of the "casual" fan's prespective on what Staind is based soley on the last CD (TIOP)......and the promotion of these two albums was ruckng ridiculous IMO......so to me these numbers aren't shit.....the promotion of this
CD consisted of leaking like 60% pof the album with very little radio play...atleast in my area......so fuck the #'s as far as i'm concerned....i did what i could to spread the word.....even informed 2 people just today that had no idea of the record.....fuck it....shit is great....nuff said......
drunken rant....lmfao.....

I_sEe_ThRu_U said:
cd's aren't that expensive so it's not really that surprising dude......alot of mafuckas be hanging on his nuts even though he whack as can be......   it's just the way the industry is these days.... rock is 2nd behind "pop" music and has been for at least the last ten years, but has only gotten worse over that time span....the only rock bands that sell records in mass quantities like that these days are the FEW bands that get constant, consistent airplay nationwode. and there are so many people downloading music for free these days it is very hard to fully establish a legit # of people who have gotten that particular recording in their hands......so to me....these #'s aren't shit.....they mean absolutely nothing.....this is the best album from this band in a very long time IMO and i truly believe the number of sales of the CD are just of refelction of the "casual" fan's prespective on what Staind is based soley on the last CD (TIOP)......and the promotion of these two albums was ruckng ridiculous IMO......so to me these numbers aren't shit.....the promotion of this
CD consisted of leaking like 60% pof the album with very little radio play...atleast in my area......so fuck the #'s as far as i'm concerned....i did what i could to spread the word.....even informed 2 people just today that had no idea of the record.....fuck it....shit is great....nuff said......

i love me some drunken rants...my favorite part?  "rucking ridiculous" LOL

(*CJ comes in buzzed himself, laughing*)

AWESOME stuff, sEe thRu! Aside from a couple goofy (alcohol induced?) mispronunciations, your previous comments compose the best fucking post regarding the 'poor sales' issue thus far. You ROCK, dude. Thanks for cheering me up.

RE: "to me these numbers aren't shit.....the promotion of this CD consisted of leaking like 60% pof the album with very little radio play"

RIGHT ON, PAL! Right on ... hope you continue to enjoy your weekend! :)

(*CJ exits still laughing*)

lmao@myself...... gotta love the morning after.....i stand by my post, minus all the typos lmao

spidermonkey said:

i love me some drunken rants...my favorite part?  "rucking ridiculous" LOL

Billboard issue date: 2011-11-12: 94,000 units

very nice, hopefully your next post will be the 100,000 mark

jdanek630 said:

Billboard issue date: 2011-11-12: 94,000 units

))======D
mouth full????

Nima said:
))======D

According to Wikipedia, which isn't exactly the arbiter of certified facts, but as of Billboard's 2011-11-19 release - Staind's eponymous album has officially crossed the 100,000 copies sold mark (in the U.S.).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Staind.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service