Speculation time: 2nd single from "Staind"?

Given how long "Not Again" has just been tearing up the charts now, I'm sure a second single is headed our way in the very near future... any ideas as to what it might be?

According to Staind's wikipedia page (look under 'Discography' > 'Singles'), "Something To Remind You" has been getting airplay on Billboard's Mainstream Top 100 singles charts. I haven't heard STRY on the radio once, but I still hear Not Again just about every other hour when I actually do have time to tune in.

Views: 662

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hopefully Now will be a single as well!
EWO works for me

However Something to remind you peaked at #119 on the Billoboard single chart thankful to the digital download in the week album released but never was a radio-single.

It seems Eyes Wide Open could debut to radio the next week and hope it could do well

i think the fact they've mentioned it with Not Again is proof too.....

Surprised "Eyes Wide Open" is the 2nd single, but didn't Aaron want that to be the first single anyway?  

Something to Remind You should be released at somepoint I'm guessing, and I do think "Now" would be a good choice, since that riff is so awesome and radio friendly as well.  I could see The Bottom too potentially.

Really hoping it would be Take A Breath.  I really wish they would play it at the shows.
Ditto!

Foley said:
Really hoping it would be Take A Breath.  I really wish they would play it at the shows.
Well... if this is the case... then it'll be like a more serious version of LB's "Break Stuff". It wouldn't be the first time a vicious track became a huge hit.

Zoë said:
i think the fact they've mentioned it with Not Again is proof too.....
Eyes Wide Open is my top pick, obviously Aaron liked it as a single too, i think Now is the worst choice for a single, it does not represent this album very well at all, way to ''pop-ish'' IMO, i usually skip this song and go straight into Paper Wings anyway, Staind should release a heavier sounding single followed by Something To Remind You as the 3rd single.
great song, one of the better ones on the album IMO, people who disagree are straight sleepin on this song, and this would be a much better choice then Now.

jdanek630 said:
Ditto!

Foley said:
agreed

Zoë said:
a step in the right direction..... Not Again was the perfect opening single from this cd, and EWO will really show what this CD is made of!

Really?  When Faint came out for me, I remember Mtv playing the video only late at night, and honestly, my radio station just started playing that song a decent amount a few years ago.  When it came out in 2002/2003, they never played it.  It's very strange why that happened, but it's still an awesome song. 

I am glad EWO is the next single, that's my favorite song, but for some reason, I had a strange feeling Wannabe would be the next single.  May very well be a single later on.  Not sure why, but I just have that feeling it'll be released at some point.  Bout the only other song I could see being a single is "The Bottom", but that's just me.  I would love Paper Wings to be a single, but I just don't see it happening.  I really hope EWO does well on the charts.  I remember when Falling came out, I didn't think it would play much, but fuck, my rock station plays the fuck outta that song to this day.  It's behind It's Been Awhile as the most played Staind song for sure. 

jdanek630 said:

Totally agree... I never want my favorite songs to become singles because they somehow seem to lose their meaning/sentimental value to me...

I think the only time there's been an exception for me is with Linkin Park's "Faint". I love that song, still do, and radio stations clearly did as well. "Faint" did ridiculously well on radio and somehow I never got sick of the song.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Staind.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service