Well i was just roaming around the website when I stumbled up on the post of Aaron doing the Podcast on 100.3 Rock and while i was listening I heard the part about immigration. Now see i agree with some of the things said on but when I heard Aaron's comments on that i just couldn't  just sit there agreeing with him. America is a big melting pot, so who's to say that Immigrants from the Southern American countries don't have a right to sieze the opportunity to live here like all of us. The rest of my family lives in Colombia, and the shit they deal with there is tremendous, gangs, drugs, crime, and violence. People come here not to seek opportunities just for themselves, but for
their families as well. It's not easy trying to grow up straight edge or raise a child while knowing at anytime walking the streets your child could be left an orphan or worse. As in most of us, the flag that waves at the top of every flag pole here gives those a sense of pride and hope. Hope that someday they might be able to share the freedom we Americans taste daily. My family members in Colombia have tried for years to come to America through legalization, but do you know how long it takes to even be considered to be allowed into the States? Years could pass without your name even crossing their minds. I'm proud to be an American. I'm proud to live in a country to that completely severed their relationship with the strongest Country in the world and still come up on top. I'm a proud supporter of soldiers who give their lives out there on the field to make sure we are still able to have our freedom, but just like those soldiers on the field. I know i wouldn't be able to sit there idly, while knowing i could be of some help to those who need it. and as George William Curtis once said, " A man's country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle, and patriotism is loyalty to that principle."  Our country is dedicated to the principle that all men are created equal. (sorry about all the grammar errors, it's 2 in the morning here.)

Views: 238

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh man, I'm really sorry if it seemed like I was pushing my point of view as the truth. Forgot to say again that it was just my opinion and it doesn't mean that everyone must accept it.
No, not at all. I get what you're getting at. This is ajust a friendly debate and discussion. I don't have to agree with you but i do because it's well written and backed up. Good analogies and good vocab. Props

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Staind.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service