Does anyone know if Aaron Lewis is affiliated with a particular faith?

Thanks

Views: 2462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well said...

Aaron Lewis said:
so i guess i should chime in here...im jewish because my mom is russian,german and polish which means alot of my distant family tree was burned off by the nazis in world war two. my father however is italian,welsh,and english with roman catholic background. i was a bad kid........hahaha i was thrown out of hebrew school, which would have led to my bar mitzva ,long before it happened so i dont know what i am........ha no i do know what i am..........AN AMERICAN BY DEFINITION AND FUCKIN PROUD OF IT

AHHH AMERICA........LAND OF THE FREE???.....LAND OF OPPORTUNITY????.....FREE OF TYRANNY????......

WAKE THE FUCK UP PEOPLE THEY ARE TURNING OUR COUNTRY INTO EUROPE RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES.
IF THIS WASNT THE GREATEST SYSTEM AND COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, NONE OF US WOULD BE HERE
OUR BLOODLINES WOULDNT HAVE SAVED THEIR WHOLE LIVES TO RIDE IN THE BELLY OF AN OLD BOAT
TRAVELLING FOR WEEKS,SOMETIMES MONTHS JUST TO HAVE A CHANCE TO START OVER HERE IN THE
GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD BY DESIGN AAAAAAAMMMMMEEEEERRRRRIIIIICCCCCAAAAAA

SORRY I GUESS I WENT OFF ON A LITTLE RANT THERE BUT LET THE TRUTH BE TOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW!!! This teacher has guts!!!

— IF THIS TEACHER HAS THE BALLS TO SEND THIS, WE SHOULD HAVE THE NERVE TO FORWARD IT. SHE WILL PROBABLY LOSE HER JOB. DO WE AMERICANS HAVE THE NERVE TO STAND BEHIND HER, IF WE AGREE, OR DO WE JUST LET HER AND OTHERS LIKE HER CARRY OUR LOAD? INTERESTING QUESTION.
Wow Again…

This 4th grade teacher has said it all, and she was brave enough to attach her name to it.

April 17, 2009
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington , DC 20500
Mr. Obama:
I have had it with you and your administration, sir. Your conduct on your recent trip overseas has convinced me that you are not an adequate representative of the United States of America collectively or of me personally.
You are so obsessed with appeasing the Europeans and the Muslim world that you have abdicated the responsibilities of the President of the United States of America . You are responsible to the citizens of the United States … You are not responsible to the peoples of any other country on earth.
I personally resent that you go around the world apologizing for the United States telling Europeans that we are arrogant and do not care about their status in the world. Sir, what do you think the First World War and the Second World War were all about if not the consideration of the peoples of Europe ? Are you brain dead? What do you think the Marshall Plan was all about? Do you not understand or know the history of the 20th century?
Where do you get off telling a Muslim country that the United States does not consider itself a Christian country? Have you not read the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution of the United States ? This country was founded on Judeo-Christian ethics and the principles governing this country, at least until you came along, come directly from this heritage. Do you not understand this?
Your bowing to the king of Saudi Arabia is an affront to all Americans. Our President does not bow down to anyone, let alone the king of Saudi Arabia . You didn't show Great Britain , our best and one of our oldest allies, the respect they deserve yet you bow down to the king of Saudi Arabia … How dare you, sir! How dare you!
You cant find the time to visit the graves of our greatest generation because you don't want to offend the Germans but make time to visit a mosque in Turkey … You offended our dead and every veteran when you give the Germans more respect than the people who saved the German people from themselves. What's the matter with you? I am convinced that you and the members of your administration have the historical and intellectual depth of a mud puddle and should be ashamed of yourselves, all of you..
You are so self-righteously offended by the big bankers and the American automobile manufacturers yet do nothing about the real thieves in this situation, Mr. Dodd, Mr. Frank, Franklin Raines, Jamie Gorelic, the Fannie Mae bonuses, and the Freddie Mac bonuses. What do you intend to do about them? Anything? I seriously doubt it.
What about the U.S House members passing out $9.1 million in bonuses to their staff members on top of the $2.5 million in automatic pay raises that lawmakers gave themselves? I understand the average House aide got a 17% bonus. I took a 5% cut in my pay to save jobs with my employer. You haven't said anything about that. Who authorized that? I surely didn't!
Executives at Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac will be receiving $210 million in bonuses over an eighteen-month period, that's $45 million more than the AIG bonuses. In fact, Fannie and Freddie executives have already been awarded $51 million not a bad take. Who authorized that and why haven't you expressed your outrage at this group who are largely responsible for the economic mess we have right now?
I resent that you take me and my fellow citizens as brain-dead and not caring about what you idiots do. We are watching what you are doing and we are getting increasingly fed up with all of you.
I also want you to know that I personally find just about everything you do and say to be offensive to every one of my sensibilities. I promise you that I will work tirelessly to see that you do not get a chance to spend two terms destroying my beautiful country.
Sincerely,
Every real American
P.S. I rarely ask that emails be 'passed around'………….PLEASE SEND THIS TO YOUR EMAIL LIST……it's past time for all Americans to wake up!
Ms Kathleen Lyday
Fourth Grade Teacher
Grandview Elementary School
So please, enlighten me. As far as i know Jews celebrates Chanuka instead of Christmas. And Chanuka is something very very different from and have nothing to do with Christmas. Correct me if im wrong.

Alexbot said:
Absolutely wrong

GodBlessFiji said:
Well. It has to be ethnicity, not creed. Cuz as far as i know, jews dont believe in Jesus as a savior etc. and do not celebrate Christmas (or do they?). :)
It's crazy because I just read about this a few days ago before I saw this thread. I remember thinking how surprised I was and how close to home it hit.
My father's side is Jewish, my great grandfather came over from Russia on a boat the same time as the Titanic.
And my mother's side is Roman Catholic, I wanted a bat mitzvah but my mother said no. I was ultimately raised Catholic but I loved going to the Synagogue with my grandparents.
I've been a fan of Stand and your music for a long time. It was really so very interesting to see how similar our family history is.
It was awesome to meet you, I hope I have the opportunity to meet you again. Maybe then we could discuss it, I think it's very interesting.

And I strongly agree... I don't necessarily define myself by religion because it can be very confusing, although I have a strong faith in the Lord, but I am definitely an American: "We the people stated, not negotiated." God Bless America.

Aaron Lewis said:
so i guess i should chime in here...im jewish because my mom is russian,german and polish which means alot of my distant family tree was burned off by the nazis in world war two. my father however is italian,welsh,and english with roman catholic background. i was a bad kid........hahaha i was thrown out of hebrew school, which would have led to my bar mitzva ,long before it happened so i dont know what i am........ha no i do know what i am..........AN AMERICAN BY DEFINITION AND FUCKIN PROUD OF IT

AHHH AMERICA........LAND OF THE FREE???.....LAND OF OPPORTUNITY????.....FREE OF TYRANNY????......

WAKE THE FUCK UP PEOPLE THEY ARE TURNING OUR COUNTRY INTO EUROPE RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES.
IF THIS WASNT THE GREATEST SYSTEM AND COUNTRY IN THE WORLD, NONE OF US WOULD BE HERE
OUR BLOODLINES WOULDNT HAVE SAVED THEIR WHOLE LIVES TO RIDE IN THE BELLY OF AN OLD BOAT
TRAVELLING FOR WEEKS,SOMETIMES MONTHS JUST TO HAVE A CHANCE TO START OVER HERE IN THE
GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD BY DESIGN AAAAAAAMMMMMEEEEERRRRRIIIIICCCCCAAAAAA

SORRY I GUESS I WENT OFF ON A LITTLE RANT THERE BUT LET THE TRUTH BE TOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Coming from a Jewish family, I can tell you, you are correct. Jews celebrate Hannukah which is in no way similar to Christmas, its timing is strictly coincidence. And Jews do not believe that Jesus was the savior, simply a good man and a prophet. Jews believe the savior is yet to come. I don't know what that guy was thinking when he told you that you were wrong.

GodBlessFiji said:
So please, enlighten me. As far as i know Jews celebrates Chanuka instead of Christmas. And Chanuka is something very very different from and have nothing to do with Christmas. Correct me if im wrong.

Alexbot said:
Absolutely wrong

GodBlessFiji said:
Well. It has to be ethnicity, not creed. Cuz as far as i know, jews dont believe in Jesus as a savior etc. and do not celebrate Christmas (or do they?). :)
my point proven with his silent night video... if he were to categorize himself, it would be jewish (bc of his parents), but he isn't hardcore religious by any means... kinda like me. my parents aren't religious at all but people from their country are muslim so i'm assumed muslim, but i celebrate christmas (even though i'm not christian, nor do i believe in jesus... or god for that matter.)

so, yeah kinda weird to know he's jewish and sang that song, but it's what i expected. it was awesome too lol

Nima said:
I don't think he's jewish, i jus think he's assumed jewish. know what i mean? like he should be but he's not

Rammi Alqannas said:
jewish is a religioun as christian or muslim they believe in God but not in Jesus nor the Prophet Mohammed
I am a Muslim I believe in every religioun Allah sent to us and every prophet he sent us

Qu'ran:

The Qur'an tells muslims to kill and go to war to fight for Islam: Quran, chapters (Surahs) 9:5; 2:191; 2:193; 3:118; 4:75,76; 5:33, 8:12; 8:65; 9:73,123; 33:60-62.
Fight for Allah: "And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers, (Quran 2:191).
Muslims are to battle for Allah: "Those who believe do battle for the cause of Allah; and those who disbelieve do battle for the cause of idols. So fight the minions of the devil. Lo! the devil's strategy is ever weak," (Quran 4:76).
Kill those against Islam: "The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter," (Quran 5:33).
Beheading: "When thy Lord inspired the angels, (saying): I am with you. So make those who believe stand firm. I will throw fear into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Then smite the necks and smite of them each finger. 13That is because they opposed Allah and His messenger. Whoso opposeth Allah and His messenger, (for him) lo! Allah is severe in punishment," (Quran 8:12).
Allah urges war: "O Prophet! urge the believers to war; if there are twenty patient ones of you they shall overcome two hundred, and if there are a hundred of you they shall overcome a thousand of those who disbelieve, because they are a people who do not understand," (Quran 8:65).
Slay non-muslims: "Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful," (Quran 9:5).
Allah urges war: "O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination," (Quran 9:73).
Allah urges war: "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness; and know that Allah is with those who guard (against evil)," (Quran 9:123).
Allah urges killing: "...the hypocrites and those in whose hearts is a disease and the agitators in the city do not desist... 61Cursed: wherever they are found they shall be seized and murdered, a (horrible) murdering. 62(Such has been) the course of Allah with respect to those who have gone before; and you shall not find any change in the course of Allah, (Quran 33:60-62).
Beheading: "Now when ye meet in battle those who disbelieve, then it is smiting of the necks until, when ye have routed them, then making fast of bonds; and afterward either grace or ransom till the war lay down its burdens..." (Quran 47:4).
Allah loves those who fight for him: "Truly Allah loves those who fight in His Cause in battle array, as if they were a solid cemented structure," (Quran 61:4)

Nima said:
my point proven with his silent night video... if he were to categorize himself, it would be jewish (bc of his parents),

Def not. As he said his parents were russian/german/polish/italian/welsh/english. I'm polish, and i guess half of my family was killed by germans. And i'm not jew.
Guys, jews live in the middle east (if we're talking 'bout ethnicity).

Anyway. Is it really so important? :)

I wish the old board was still available, so I didn't feel the need to rewrite some of this.  But, I want to clarify some things, since everyone (including most Jews) are usually confused by the whole 'Jewish' concept.  Yes, Judaism is a religion.  BUT, to be Jewish does not necessarily mean one practices Judaism.  Actually, more and more often it does not.  The orthodox Jews may of course would not agree, because they believe one has to follow Judaism strictly and/or be born of a Jewish mother to be a Jew.  But, that's not where I'm going with this.  There are many reasons one can and IS a Jew, w/out practicing Judaism.  Since the beginning of time, Jews were annexed from THEIR nation (thus, there are Jews that are from the eastern European Countries, Middle Eastern countries, American Jews, etc.), and to further complicate the matter, they were often persecuted for practicing Judaism, so many converted to the religion of the land they then lived in, and/or practiced no religion, etc, yet they retained as much of their cultural/ethnic Jewish identity as possible, making it an ethnicity/nationality for many Jews, just as Italian, Irish, English, etc. is considered ethnicities for Americans (when Americans ask each other -knowing we're Americans- what we are, we respond, Italian, Irish, English, Polish, Scottish, and/or whatever ethnicity describes the ethnicity/nationality of our descendants that originally came here to the USA).  The Jew's original nation was what is now considered Israel, and since Israel became a nation again (just over half a century ago), all 'Jews' can actually get citizenship in Israel (either by proving ancestry, or proving conversion).  We American 'Jews' can actually hold dual citizenship in Israel and in the USA if we wanted to, since our original nation is finally a nation, once again.  On a side note, Jews living in Palestine/Israel were always the people considered to be/called Palestinians, until those now considered Palestinians stole the name, when Israel became a nation...but, I digress.

Being Jewish could also be considered a race, due to those of Jewish descent being genetically predisposed to certain diseases that others are not (such as Tay-Sach's disease), among other reasons, just as those of African descent are genetically predisposed to certain diseases that others are not (such as Sickle-Cell Anemia). 

My mother's family were Jews from Russia and Poland, and possibly Romania and other places.  While I grew up, my mother was a non-practicing Jew.  My father's family was from Italy and Sicily.  While I grew up, he was a non-practicing Catholic.  I never went to a synagogue, except once (I believe...could have been more, but I don't recall) for a funeral.  And, I only went to a Catholic church a handful of times growing up (for funerals, and to take children I babysat to their church).  We 'celebrated' Hanukkah AND Christmas in a non-religious way, and we (my brother and I) were not brought up in ANY religion, at all.  However, I AM a Jew...there are things/ways (a culture) that I gained from my mother's parents (even though they didn't practice Judaism while I was growing up) that I know make me undeniably Jewish (not JUST because I was born from a 'Jewish' mother, which would make me a Jew, according to Jewish law), just as the traditions/ways/culture I gained from my father's side unmistakably makes me Italian/Sicilian.  However, I do NOT practice Judaism (NOR Catholicism), but identify myself as a Christian, having chosen a relationship with Jesus, as an adult.  This does not make me less a Jew , just as it does not make me less Italian. ;)   So, I'm an Italian AND Jewish, American Christian (are your heads spinning, yet? lol).

For the old boardies, I'm sorry if I inadvertently may have caused some of the confusion about Aaron's being Jewish.  When I asked him, years ago, I was really asking from an ethnic/nationality standpoint, and maybe mistakenly thought that would be understood by others, particularly due to how he answered.  I remember saying that he was surprised that I asked, "So, your Polish, German, and Russian relatives are Jewish, right?" after his telling me his ethnic background.  He respond that those relatives were in fact Jewish, but he was clearly surprised that I correctly assumed/asked this, and it also seemed clear to me that although he knew he was of Jewish descent, he didn't seem to consider himself religiously a Jew.  I thought I explained that, but may have assumed it was understood, instead.  So, again, if I was part of anyone's confusion about that, I'm sorry.

@Aaron:  Maybe you weren't so much a 'bad' kid, but that ADD maybe had something to do w/your getting kicked out?  ;)  You probably would have been kicked out of the open-classroom grammar school I attended, too, considering lol.

ETHNOCENTRICM: "is the tendency to believe that one's ethnic or cultural group is centrally important, and that all other groups are measured in relation to one's own. The ethnocentric individual will judge other groups relative to his or her own particular ethnic group or culture, especially with concern to language, behavior, customs, and religion. These ethnic distinctions and sub-divisions serve to define each ethnicity's unique cultural identity."
Qu'ran:

The Qur'an tells muslims to kill and go to war to fight for Islam: Quran, chapters (Surahs) 9:5; 2:191; 2:193; 3:118; 4:75,76; 5:33, 8:12; 8:65; 9:73,123; 33:60-62.
Fight for Allah: "And kill them wherever you find them, and drive them out from whence they drove you out, and persecution is severer than slaughter, and do not fight with them at the Sacred Mosque until they fight with you in it, but if they do fight you, then slay them; such is the recompense of the unbelievers, (Quran 2:191).
Muslims are to battle for Allah: "Those who believe do battle for the cause of Allah; and those who disbelieve do battle for the cause of idols. So fight the minions of the devil. Lo! the devil's strategy is ever weak," (Quran 4:76).
Kill those against Islam: "The only reward of those who make war upon Allah and His messenger and strive after corruption in the land will be that they will be killed or crucified, or have their hands and feet on alternate sides cut off, or will be expelled out of the land. Such will be their degradation in the world, and in the Hereafter," (Quran 5:33).
Beheading: "When thy Lord inspired the angels, (saying): I am with you. So make those who believe stand firm. I will throw fear into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Then smite the necks and smite of them each finger. 13That is because they opposed Allah and His messenger. Whoso opposeth Allah and His messenger, (for him) lo! Allah is severe in punishment," (Quran 8:12).
Allah urges war: "O Prophet! urge the believers to war; if there are twenty patient ones of you they shall overcome two hundred, and if there are a hundred of you they shall overcome a thousand of those who disbelieve, because they are a people who do not understand," (Quran 8:65).
Slay non-muslims: "Then, when the sacred months have passed, slay the idolaters wherever ye find them, and take them (captive), and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then leave their way free. Lo! Allah is Forgiving, Merciful," (Quran 9:5).
Allah urges war: "O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination," (Quran 9:73).
Allah urges war: "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness; and know that Allah is with those who guard (against evil)," (Quran 9:123).
Allah urges killing: "...the hypocrites and those in whose hearts is a disease and the agitators in the city do not desist... 61Cursed: wherever they are found they shall be seized and murdered, a (horrible) murdering. 62(Such has been) the course of Allah with respect to those who have gone before; and you shall not find any change in the course of Allah, (Quran 33:60-62).
Beheading: "Now when ye meet in battle those who disbelieve, then it is smiting of the necks until, when ye have routed them, then making fast of bonds; and afterward either grace or ransom till the war lay down its burdens..." (Quran 47:4).
Allah loves those who fight for him: "Truly Allah loves those who fight in His Cause in battle array, as if they were a solid cemented structure," (Quran 61:4)

Angela ^v^ said:
ETHNOCENTRICM: "is the tendency to believe that one's ethnic or cultural group is centrally important, and that all other groups are measured in relation to one's own. The ethnocentric individual will judge other groups relative to his or her own particular ethnic group or culture, especially with concern to language, behavior, customs, and religion. These ethnic distinctions and sub-divisions serve to define each ethnicity's unique cultural identity."
because (a) there is no proof of a "god" (b) it doesn't make any logical sense

trinitarian3 said:

Why don't you think God exists?

Nima said:

my point proven with his silent night video... if he were to categorize himself, it would be jewish (bc of his parents), but he isn't hardcore religious by any means... kinda like me. my parents aren't religious at all but people from their country are muslim so i'm assumed muslim, but i celebrate christmas (even though i'm not christian, nor do i believe in jesus... or god for that matter.)

so, yeah kinda weird to know he's jewish and sang that song, but it's what i expected. it was awesome too lol

Nima said:
I don't think he's jewish, i jus think he's assumed jewish. know what i mean? like he should be but he's not

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Staind.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service