Anyone else dislike the direction of Aarons Solo shows now?

Luckily, when I saw Aaron in july, it was mostly Staind, covers, and a few country songs. Now it seems like its 75% country, with a few Staind songs and Covers. The "wow" factor to me atleast of seeing Aaron acoustic was all those awesome Staind songs stripped down and played. Seems like thats a thing of the past at this point though... Wish he'd dedicate some tours to strictly country and some for just Staind stuff...

Views: 1214

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

for me I gotta say, He has the right to play his own songs, not Staind... I mean I gotta say I think that his voice was strained alot on the last album to make a heavy enough for the idiots who questioned his abilities..

Staind songs can be so stressful to his vocal chords, and he is taking a break when he plays country without having to cut everybody off his awesome music (This is only my analysis.. I never heard him say anything about this)  and I honestly think it's a win-win situation.. If you like Aaron and don't want him to take like 2 years break with no tours and no nothing, I think you should appreciate his country side...

Country your heart out Aaron ;)

Kitt is AWESOME PERSON.. I really enjoy him playing along with Aaron

Shan said:

Couldn't agree more!

spidermonkey said:

i don't mind the country...i like it.  i get tired of the bus driver sidekick.  that sound get's annoying.

Aaron is going to play what he wants to play. If you like it, go to the show. If you don't, Don't go and or don't listen. Im a fan of Aaron. He could play childrens song and i'd most likely like it. But its simple, if you don't like the direction don't pay attention to it. It's his show and he's going to do whatever the hell he wants.

^ I don't buy that logic.  Most of us have loved this band and Aaron for a long time and given a lot of $ and time to see them.  Part of the reason the solo shows are so fun (or used to be) is that he used to listen to the audience a bit and play stuff they called out. If Aaron's in town I will always still go since I just like hearing him sing, but to say that to fans who have been big supporters for a long time is wrong.

I think there's still a way for Aaron to play his newer stuff and still keep the format/magic of his old solo shows.  I agree that for whatever his new music/cd is, he's going to make it what he wants it to be and if that's all country, that may be disappointing, but that's his right.  However, the shows were so unique because they weren't like normal concerts with a setlist and you knew if you went 1 night, the next night was going to be COMPLETELY different.

Now I don't feel that way.  People in Connecticut used to go see him at Mohegan like 5-6 straight nights or 8 out of 9 (me included) because he was that damn good and each show was that damn special in its own right and different from the night before.  While he certainly has more material than ever now, it seems like every show is kind of the same exact thing all over again, and that's what disappointing to me. 

BG...

Fans have become total a**holes... Give him a break.. I'm not questioning your love to Aaron but did you see the vid where the a**hole from the crowd threw a beer can at him... How do you expect him to be the same guy?!

That's lame. Doubt I will go to another one

His bus driver friend. What ever instrument he plays, Sounds good for country songs.

NOT EVERY SONG

also wtf is up with going to staind.com.. you have to google search FORUMS to get to the actual site.

someone screwed up

^just click on "Local Tour Dates" and then it will show up on the bottom

Where do i find that video? That's bullsh#t! I hate it when crowds do that...NO respect!

Rammi Alqannas said:

BG...

Fans have become total a**holes... Give him a break.. I'm not questioning your love to Aaron but did you see the vid where the a**hole from the crowd threw a beer can at him... How do you expect him to be the same guy?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO6lqPft6AM

That's the link!

Shan said:

Where do i find that video? That's bullsh#t! I hate it when crowds do that...NO respect!

Rammi Alqannas said:

BG...

ikr....just type in Staind.com/forums  and it will take you right to it.....

RumpleTeaser said:

also wtf is up with going to staind.com.. you have to google search FORUMS to get to the actual site.

someone screwed up

Rammi i do agree that Ben is cool as hell....dude is funny as fuck and good at what he does....however....i have to agree with the majority here....i do like the country stuff....most of it....but....i do wish Aaron played more Staind songs at solo shows....fuck dude i just went to 2 shows back to back and he played 90% country, both shows.......would be nice to hear songs like say...Bong Hits....or Excess Baggage.....or the occasional Black Rain....or Staind songs like Please (which is bad ass stripped down) etc.....dude he even said to the crowd that he forgot the words to Angel because he hadn't played it in so long....but like Nima said, and i agree.....he can do whatever the fuck he wants....and he should....but my opinion is that the true diehard longterm fans are begining to stray....one by one...i have now been to 4 solo shows and find it hard to see myself going to a 5th.......i do like the country stuff but that is not what made me listen to Aaron in the begining........just sayin...

Rammi Alqannas said:

Kitt is AWESOME PERSON.. I really enjoy him playing along with Aaron

Shan said:

Couldn't agree more!

spidermonkey said:

i don't mind the country...i like it.  i get tired of the bus driver sidekick.  that sound get's annoying.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by Staind.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service