I guess Staind isn't considered good music anymore because Rollingstone didn't even bother to review the new album what the F$%CK!  Never liked Rollingstone, but I wanted to see what they had to say about this album.  It is interesting that they have reviews for a tribute album to Buddy Holly, and reissued collections of Jimi Hendrix.  There are reviews of various Rap, Jazz, and artists that I have never heard of Blitzen Trapper, Neon Indian, Wild Flag, and Trombone Shorty I could keep going but I wont.  I am not bashing Jimi or Holly I happen to like them, but judging from past reviews from Rolingstone, BTC 3.5/5, 14SOG 2/5, Chapter V 2/5, TIOP 2.5/5, I would have liked to read what the so called music critics thought about this album.  More than likely it would have been the same as the last 3 albums.  It is always nice to read what the so called "experts" think about music.

Views: 955

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The bastards over at RS finally bothered to review the album. Careful what you wish for I guess. If I hadnt already, I would cancel my subscribtion

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/staind-20110928?utm_...

WOOOOOW...

Amanda said:

The bastards over at RS finally bothered to review the album. Careful what you wish for I guess. If I hadnt already, I would cancel my subscribtion

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/albumreviews/staind-20110928?utm_...

stacey anderson just don't get it is all....

(*CJ comes in laughing*)

RE (FROM REVIEW): " ... Aaron Lewis’s blindly swatting rage at whatever it is that pits the world and its women against him. "Eyes Wide Open" rages against a lover’s unspecified "self-serving plan" ...

This is just hilarious. Thanks for the link, Amanda - I needed a good laugh.

Is this the sort of goofy, hastily-written, childish review that inhabits the pages of Rolling Stone now?! I honestly haven't picked up the magazine in a long, long time. I suppose once in a while, Peter Travers has some intelligent things to say about movies; but overall, RS has never been good for much except serving as a coffee-cup coaster for my computer table. This particular review is so clumsy and sophomic it may have very well been written by mean-spirited sixth-graders, although unfortunately, it was probably typed out by a so-called 'writer' getting paid much more than myself.

I wasn't expecting a five-star review, or anything - but seriously: this particular "review" is irrelevent and just plain silly (all FOUR SENTENCES of it LOL).

Whatever.

CJ you couldn't have said it better.  I wasn't expecting a stellar review, just the opposite I figured they would completely shred the the album and rattle on about an aging band trying desperately to reclaim the the magic of BTC but failing to do so. Like CJ said its like the writer listened to 2 songs and wrote 4 sentences.  What a hack.

Hey everyone here is a review:  

http://blindedbysound.com/post/viewPost/staind_-_staindlets_be_clea...

Go have some fun and post your comments for the reviewer at the bottom.  

ugh. i got into it last week with a nobody hack who thought he was somehow qualified to write a review. i dont have time to respond to this one atm. but hes a tool. 

Foley said:

Hey everyone here is a review:  

http://blindedbysound.com/post/viewPost/staind_-_staindlets_be_clea...

Go have some fun and post your comments for the reviewer at the bottom.  

Thanks for the link, Foley! At least this review is a little more in depth than the Rolling Stone one. But still ...

RE (FROM REVIEW): "Lewis and Snoop trade verses, with plenty of masturbation references. Like many juvenile clowns in his position, the singer confuses apt disparagement with jealousy."

Ummmm, what album was Mr. Richardson reviewing? Snoop isn't on any of the cd's I purchased. And referring to Aaron as a 'juvenile clown?!' Is it normal for an album reviewer to resort to name calling in his comments? As far as the 'jealousy' statement goes, that's a matter of his opinion ... but in my experience, those who resort to name calling are often the most jealous people of all.

He also goes on to compare 'Something to Remind You' to Aaron's country work. Huh?! Dude, I've listened to "Town Line" - there's nothing like 'STRY' on it. This song is completely different from AL's solo stuff on every level - musically and lyrically. 'Something to Remind You' is a pure Staind song.

RE: "If egotistical, watery, tedious music that hungers for pity is your flavour, Staind will be your cup of stale coffee ... "

Well, not everyone is going to like the new album - or Staind in general - and I'm fine with that. But did this reviewer even LISTEN to Aaron's lyrics? This is not music that "hungers for pity" - quite the opposite: the lyrics on this album encourage listeners to take responsibility for one's own actions, to pick yourself up and move forward, to brush the dirt off yourself and continue forward in whatever way you can. This isn't a matter of my humble opinion - take the pamphlet out of the cd case and read the words, for pete's sake! BTW ... I notice this review didn't mention "Now" anywhere ... and hasn't he ever heard of subversive music? Or do so-called 'album-reviewers' need their lyrics delivered to them in a "Here is your exact message" style?! If so, I recommend Creed as a rock band more suited to their tastes.

I knew it was going to be a mediocre review when I read the heading: 'LET'S BE CLEAR: THIS IS NOT A GOOD ALBUM.' With all due respect to Mr. Richardson, who very well may be a better writer than me, this is just unprofessional. And so is his review. Like the Rolling Stone review I read before it, these comments strike me as childish and hastily written ... someone had a bone to pick with something other than Staind.

Good grief.

this is a hack and deserves no respect. what you just wrote was much better written than his review. i dont even bother justifying the album with these douchebags anymore. i have finally sunk to their level. as u will notice if u visit the page now that ive had time to comment. 

we all knew there would be bad reviews, there always is. i think its more personal this time because we know what they guys went thru trying to make the record the way so many fans have been asking for. i cant remember ever feeling quite as angry as i do when they discount or mislabel the record. but like i said in my comment on this review, god bless the internet where freedom of speech is not only a right, its license to spew garbage and call it noteworthy 

CJ Meredith said:

With all due respect to Mr. Richardson, who very well may be a better writer than me, this is just unprofessional. And so is his review.
LMAO. he deleted my comment.

(*laughing*) Well, nobody's going to delete your comment here, A. Don't feed into any bullshit negativity, though. :)

It should be noted that Mr. Richardson also seems to go soft on the issue of stealing music.

Is this perhaps how he has heard the Snoop version of the song, when none of the fans have?

I'm not being negative here - I think this review is much better than the Rolling Stone one (quite a bit better, actually). BUT it seems as though this is someone's take on a preliminary copy of the record that was never released, or something along those lines.

It isn't a valid review by any means. He's commenting on music that isn't even on the album, for pete's sake!!!!

No he thinks that's snoop rapping, not aaron. Snoops lyrics are completely different and this douche lost all cred right there.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by Staind.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service