Hey y'all... sorry that i've been gone awhile but soon i'll post lyrics so stick around soon.

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's one of my songs that was written when I was 16... I'm 19 turning 20 now but anyway, here u go:

"As I Sleep" written by Chris Dugger/performed by Chris Dugger (Acoustic)

You know when I fell away, it killed me to see her face
Disappointed and sad is how she felt about me
I cannot replace the years I thought to be wasted, so out of place
This world is so fucked up, but please leave me

(Chorus):
Because as I sleep tonight
Somewhere far away so I wouldn't hurt you again another night
The voices in my head are also telling me to hurt myself
It kills me to disappoint all of you, but I'm not going to hurt myself
All because when I sleep another night again
I'll wake up in the morning, leaving to be born-again

I'm so sorry for all the shit I'm going through
You all don't deserve the things I say and do to you
And everything will be okay someday
But for now, I'd rather fight my demons all the way on my path to salvation today

(Chorus)

CAN'T YOU SEE?
I'M BROKEN!
BUT IT'S OKAY!
I'M READY TO OPEN!
AS I SLEEP, I WILL FIGHT THEM FOR YOU!
AND I WILL HEAL AND NO LONGER BE BROKEN!

Now I sleep, ready to wake up in the morning and breathe new life upon me...

(Chorus) 2x

---------------

Reply plz?
sounds great man. maybe upload an mp3 of you singing it
Thanks... I'll try to get the song on my band's new website. Thanks for the reply!
kewl.... great job!

~A~
Be back soon with an album called 6 Years' Silence...

"
Here's the 1st single we're working on and will be made into a mp3 for all to hear... it's the title track from 6 Years' Silence called "6 Years' Silence"... Here's the lyrics music will be set up soon.

"6 Years' Silence" written by Christopher Dugger (that's me), music by Hybrid Dysfunction

As I slowly change into the person I am today
I begin to rediscover my memory of the 6 years I lived
These years were my life as an teenager so tormented
I lost so much along the way and I really feel so alone
I guess you could say I'm completely fucked up
From suicidal thoughts to walking away

Chorus-
I've been silenced fro far too long
I wanted to be heard, not ignored
Now my silence is broken and I'm ready to speak up
This is my 6 years' silence finally being told

As I remember lovers and friendships come and go
I begin to cry for those not here today with me
I used to be happy once and it was when I was with her
She changed my entire perspective on my life
She was a friend that I'll always remember
Now I'm here because of her kind words and our conversations

Chorus

As I'm reminded of my enemies, of my nightmares
I begin to realize of how I got fucked up in the first place
I've suffered for so long, so now I am awake
Suffering in silence now broken and so trapped in anger
I just want to move on tonight
So my silence I'm ready to break

Chorus 2x

Yeah 4x
-----------

I think we made a good decision to release this as the 1st single. Tell me your opinions. Don't worry - the music is being made as we speak.
Here's an lyrics copy of the bonus track I'll probably add to "6 Years' Silence" ENJOY!

"It Was Nice To Know You"

I know you from somewhere else
But how could it be?
Well, nevertheless, I miss you
Did you miss me?

Chorus-
Well, I'm glad you're here with me
Let's catch up and talk to one another
Just like old times when we were best friends
Is it okay if I told you that you've been on my mind forever?
You were my friend, and it was nice to know you

Ever since I last saw you, I kept all these advices in mind
And I still remember how fucked up I was 'til you came along
Now I'm homegrown, thanks to you
It was you and you alone that kept me strong

Chorus

I'm glad to see you again
I'll miss you... (4x)

Chorus

It was nice to know you 4x

Yeah...

(end)

tell me what u think. It might make a good bonus track. Thanks.
Dude... "I'm broken but it's ok?" I don't want to rain on your parade, but in all honesty if you phrase it like that, it sounds a little like a joke or a parody of an emo song. Unless you're actually traying to convey a sense of weakness in your lyrics, maybe you should alter them. Here's my sugestion -

Don't be so blunt with whta you have to say. You're allowed to use stuff like metaphors or just imagery in general... try to do that more often. As for that chorus, same thing. Try to expound upon your ideas so it doesn't sound blunt or (God forbid) juvenile. I get the sense that a lot of these feelings are from you, so I don't want to change these lyrics for you.

In my opinion though, they are blunt. If that's your lyric style, then dude go for it. But if you're still trying to find the right words, just remember you can always use a metaphor or a simile or imagery etc. to convey ideas. Sometimes it makes the lyrics more interesting too... but sometimes the situation doesn't merit it. So if that's the way you feel, then again don't bother with what I have to say that much, but please keep this stuff in mind.

Good luck with albums!
Maxwell Fujs said:
Dude... "I'm broken but it's ok?" I don't want to rain on your parade, but in all honesty if you phrase it like that, it sounds a little like a joke or a parody of an emo song. Unless you're actually traying to convey a sense of weakness in your lyrics, maybe you should alter them. Here's my sugestion -

Don't be so blunt with whta you have to say. You're allowed to use stuff like metaphors or just imagery in general... try to do that more often. As for that chorus, same thing. Try to expound upon your ideas so it doesn't sound blunt or (God forbid) juvenile. I get the sense that a lot of these feelings are from you, so I don't want to change these lyrics for you.

In my opinion though, they are blunt. If that's your lyric style, then dude go for it. But if you're still trying to find the right words, just remember you can always use a metaphor or a simile or imagery etc. to convey ideas. Sometimes it makes the lyrics more interesting too... but sometimes the situation doesn't merit it. So if that's the way you feel, then again don't bother with what I have to say that much, but please keep this stuff in mind.

Good luck with albums!

Agreed. The lyrics seem like they're from a first draft of a freestyle-written journal entry rather than a metaphorical insight with cryptic imagery into someone's life. There's nothing that's left up to interpretation, everything's straight-forward. Not my cup of tea. But that's not to say it's bad either. I'd have to hear the music!

Hey, guys, just an heads up that all of my old profile content under hybriddysfunction is now defunct and I've moved everything over to my new profile here on Staind Forums, so if you still wish to follow me and check out more updates from my music career, lyrical content, studio plans, etc., just click on me and I'll be glad to keep up the good work. A lot has changed since then. Namaste.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Staind.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service